Atlas Ocean Voyages’ first, newly constructed expedition ship World Navigator officially launched last week in Piraeus, Greece.
The ship will spend her summer inaugural season sailing seven to 12-night Egypt and Greek Isles cruises. After that, she will operate a series of Mediterranean, Caribbean, and South America voyages to reposition to Antarctica.
“We are happy to welcome Atlas Ocean Voyages’ World Navigator into service,” said Mário Ferreira, Chairman of Mystic Invest Holding, parent company of Atlas Ocean Voyages.
“For more than 25 years, Mystic has grown from a single river boat, offering daytours on the Douro River, to building and operating more than 60 river, ocean and expedition ships, which deliver authentic cultural experiences around the world. Atlas Ocean Voyages is the latest Mystic brand and embodies the company’s evolution of superior service, unforgettable experiences and luxuriously designed ships.”
World Navigator has 98 cabins, ranging from the 183 square foot Adventure Staterooms to the ship’s signature one-bedroom, 466 square foot Navigator Suite. In March 2022, it will become the first ship to offer Solo Suites.
The vessel features SeaSpa by L’Occitane, the first L’Occitane spa at sea. SeaSpa’s holistic, sensorial menu of therapies are hand-performed with ingredients from Provence. The spa includes two therapy rooms, an infrared sauna, and a serenity lounge with expansive windows. The ship also features a Fitness Studio with TechnoGym equipment.
READ MORE: 7 Ways to Get Kids Excited About Your Cruise Destinations
World Navigator features a number of dining options:
- Porto celebrates Atlas’ Portuguese heritage and is the ship’s main dining room serving all three meals both indoors and outdoors. It also offers a special Alma Portuguese cuisine menu available on alternate evenings for dinner.
- 7Aft Grill is the ship’s chophouse, featuring Black Angus filets and New York strip steak
- Paula’s Pantry café serves a variety of sandwiches, salads, soups, cookies and cupcakes, as well as specialty coffees made with organic, Fair-trade coffee beans.
- The Dome Lounge features afternoon tea and refreshments.
- Room Service is also available, where guests can order breakfast as well as from an “always available” menu of soups, sandwiches, and salads.
World Navigator offers one of the industry’s highest space-to-guest ratios, and has been built with the most modern hygiene and cleanliness measures.
All land excursions and tours are conducted in small groups led by expert local tour guides, with transportation operated at reduced capacity to provide plenty of space for each person. Whisper Mic radio headsets are also used to allow guests to remain distanced from each other while still being able to hear the guide’s commentary.
Atlas’ signature All Inclusive All The Way provides all passengers with included roundtrip air travel, one shore excursion in each port, unlimited premium wine and spirits, international beers and coffees, prepaid gratuities, parkas, medical evacuation insurance, and wifi.
World Navigator is Polar Category C- and Ice Class 1B- certified and comes in at 9,930 gross tons. She will be joined by sister ships World Traveller and World Seeker in 2022 and World Adventurer and World Discoverer in 2023.
READ NEXT: 79-Night European Cruise Announced For 2023